Wi-Fi is something that we are all so used to, something perhaps we are all rely on a lot. Many of us will assume that as long as a legitimate website is displayed, we are actually safe online. Is that true? Of course not!
Some fun facts that the infograph below shows includes:
- By the end of this year (2014), the number of mobile connected devices will exceed the population of man on Earth.
- It will continue to grow, of course, and in 2018, there will be around 10 billion mobile connected devices!
- This year, we will have 2.6 EXABYTES of mobile traffic data, and by 2018, we expect to have a whopping 15.9 EXABYTES of mobile traffic data.
How do you make sure you are safe?
- Confirm that the wifi network name is correct at your location of connecting.
- Turn of Sharing. Especially for iPhone users, ensure that airdrop is disabled.
- Try to surf on HTTPS as far as possible.
- Ensure that your firewall is turned on.
- Ensure that you are not connecting to public hotspot automatically.
- Never store your passwords on your devices, at least without encryption.
- Never do any financial transactions on a public or unsecured Wifi, which includes banking or shopping.
- Do not send any sensitive emails over public or unsecured wifi.
- Do not have your confidential data on the device, when it is connected online.
Do you have anymore tips? Let us know!